How to configure Parental Control on the MERCUSYS Wireless N Router (for MW155R)?
Parental Control function is used to control internet activities of the child, limit the children to access certain websites and restrict the time of surfing internet.
Note: only websites based on http (port 80) protocol can be effective here, not applicable for https (port 443).
Kris intends to control over his kid’s internet access:
1. The kid has his own computer, and is allowed to visit only several websites every day.
2. Kris has a computer, which should have the ability to access to the internet at any time.
Log into MERCUSYS wireless router’s management page. If you are not sure about how to do this, please click How to log into the web-based interface of the MERCUSYS Wireless N Router.
Go to System Tools>Time Settings to set time manually or synchronize it with the Internet or NTP server automatically.
Go to Access Control>Schedule section, and set the time when you want the kid to have the access to the specified websites.
And check the settings.
Go to Parental Controls section, set the parental PC, whose internet access performance won’t be affected by the Parental Controls settings. You can input or just copy the MAC address of the parental PC. Then click Save.
- Manually type in the MAC address of your kid’s PC, or select it from the drop-down list from MAC Address In Current LAN.
- Create the specified websites group name and input the corresponding websites’ full name or their keywords. As shown below
- Set the effective time. By default it is any time, or you can select one from the schedule we’ve created on step 3. And ensure the status is enabled.
Check the settings again and enable the Parental Controls function.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Support Center to download the manual of your product.